Junior Buyer - #33650
Date: 1 week ago
Contract type: Full time
You as a Junior Buyer will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dubai, UAE. Enriching our team dynamics through the inclusion of a Local National Employee and cultivating emerging talent to bolster our market impact.
- Assisting in conducting thorough market research to identify potential suppliers and assess the quality and suitability of their products and services and to negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers to secure favorable agreements that align with Hitachi Energy's objectives.
- Maintaining precise records of purchases and pricing, utilizing Hitachi Energy's procurement systems and processes.
- Collaborating with various departments, including engineering, production, and project management, to ascertain procurement needs and timelines.
- Monitoring and evaluating supplier performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and Hitachi Energy's quality standards.
- Tracking and reporting key performance metrics to optimize procurement processes, reduce expenses, and enhance operational efficiency.
- Assisting in developing and executing procurement strategies that balance cost-effectiveness with high-quality standards, in alignment with Hitachi Energy's business goals.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and innovations and establish and nurture long-term relationships with key suppliers.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s in business, Supply chain management, Engineering or relevant field is required.
- Minimum 0 to 2 years of procurement experience, preferably energy or engineering sector.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, or other ERPs is required.
- Basic negotiation and communication skills, with ability to build and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Proactive and willing to learn new tools, systems, and processes and familiar with SC principles and procurement best practices.
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail and strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
- Only Emirati Nationalities.
Location Dubai, Dubai Emirate, United Arab Emirates
Job type Full time
Experience Entry Level
Job function Supply Chain
Publication date 2023-11-20
Reference number R0035400
Share this job