Junior Product & Technical Trainer - #33178
GP Strategies Corporation
With more than 4000 employees in over 30 countries, diversity at GP Strategies is second nature! Beyond our locations, our culture focuses on performance and revolves around respect, fairness, and working collaboratively to achieve our goals. We support our People, no matter who they are or where they are from, because we all have valuable and unique perspectives and approaches. That's how great ideas are born, which enable us to work smarter.
The Junior & Product Technical Trainer supports the business to achieve its retail network competence goals by delivering training to employees and distributors across Middle East - technical training to technicians and technical product training to multiple dealer job roles.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- The Trainer delivers training to two different audiences of employees from Middle East distributors.
- Technical training covers core dealer curriculum, new product information and additional topics. It is delivered to dealership technicians.
- Product training is delivered to Sales and After-sales dealer employees, as part of new product launch training or regular product training. The trainer focuses on communicating the technical elements of product information to “non-technical” employees.
- Training takes place either in the Middle East Training Centre, Dubai South or using a virtual-learning platform.
- The Trainer is responsible for ensuring learners grasp the course information and can perform the tasks described in the course learning objectives. The Trainer uses training satisfaction survey feedback to adjust and improve his/her training performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver automotive technical training in blended learning design
- Assist staff in the provision of technical advice within the automotive retailer network
- Deliver new product launch training, as well as technical assessments.
- Maintain a continuous awareness of all requirements associated with assigned courses
- Working directly with Training Managers, contribute to the development of new course material, or amend existing material
- Use LMS to monitor and maintain the quality of the training provision
· Maintain training tools and IT equipment in the Training Centre·
- Support day-to-day management of the Training Centre and report equipment maintenance / recalibration requirements.
- Attend sponsored “Train the Trainer” workshops
- Continue professional development formally through client and GP Strategies initiatives, and informally through self-study and monitoring training satisfaction survey results.
- Develop professional competence in both specific technical knowledge and generally in training facilitation skills and learning design
- Progressively work towards a “regular” Trainer level of competency, is aware of Evacuation Plan and Emergency Contacts
- Rigorously follows Health & Safety procedures
- Highlights and explains Health & Safety procedures to learners and monitors learners’ safety behavior throughout training
- Identifies and takes immediate action to mitigate risks
- Immediately reports accidents, near misses and hazards to Facility Management
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years’ experience years working experience in a modern automotive dealership
- Technical training delivery experience is beneficial
- Practical experience in the areas of Drivetrain, Electrical, Interface, Chassis
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Excellent soft skills (e.g., communication, social, respect for different cultures etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Media competences (VCT, handling modern media e.g., flipcharts, PIN board, MIRO etc.) beneficial
- Passion to deliver high quality delegated focused training which meets the local market
- Self-starter and driven
- Willingness to travel.
Based full-time at the Middle East Training Centre, Logistics Centre, Dubai South. Some days can be worked from home, based on agreement by supervisor and the business.
International travel will occasionally be required for either face-to-face training at client distributors throughout the Middle East region, or TTT events usually held in Germany.
GP Strategies is committed and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.