Junior Sous Chef, Banquet - Kitchen - #24793
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Junior Sous Chef will assume full responsibility of all related operational and administrative aspects in the designated outlet. An ideal candidate is preferably female, with experience of the Middle East market/ culinary industry.
- Oversee all operational culinary aspects of the Designated outlet cuisine and other related outlets.
- Create and maintain a great synergy between all stations in the Designated outlet and other Kitchen to assure maximum efficiency.
- Work closely with the Head Chef to create dishes and suggesting dishes in promotional events.
- Ensure plating guides are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Ensure that all plating guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image.
- Ensure that the food is prepared in the most authentic way as standards set and agreed by the Head Chefs.
- Support to identify areas for improvement in food and beverage quality and report those to Head Chef.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the Food and Beverage division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Responsible for the ordering and requesting of the ingredients on a daily basis.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all colleagues at any time.
- Support the Head Chef to prepare a weekly roster.
- Oversee and follow through the food safety standards set by Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai, Safe & Sound and through the local UAE Municipality rules and regulation.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the Designated outlet kitchen at all times follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Ensure that all the Designated outlet cuisine displays are food safe, creative, clean and with attention to detail as per set standards by the Head Chef.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Personally, monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the Restaurants as well as for special dietary requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Communicate Rules & Regulations to all colleagues by using the Colleague Handbook and any other appropriate documents.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai’s procedures.
- Attend daily and weekly meetings with the team.
- Conduct regular hands on dish training to ensure food knowledge and cooking methods are always up to date.
- Share the specific knowledge and recipes on the Designated outlet speciality cuisine with all related colleagues.
- Oversee and take responsibility of overall the Designated outlet restaurant food safety related administration.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine audit related requirements for the Culinary department
- Assist the Head Chef in other administrative matters for the outlet.
- Support other related kitchen if required.
- To be updated with the latest food trends in the Food & Beverage industry to ensure the cuisine is in line or ahead of international standards.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Head Chef.
Advertised: 13 Sep 2023 Arabian Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Sep 2023 Arabian Standard Time