Lab Assistant - #33760
Hanaa Abu Arab
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertakes general Laboratory duties such as cleaning, sorting, and re-arranging of equipment.
- Ordering equipment and setting up new engineering labs.
- Maintaining, organizing, and replenishing lab supplies.
- Administering lab inventories and proposing improvements to the Engineering labs.
- Supervising students and faculty in using the Engineering machine shop;
- Ensuring safety procedures and regulations in the Engineering machine shop;
- Troubleshooting equipment hardware and software problems;
- Coordinating equipment installation, repair, and warranties with vendors;
- Assisting the professors during the lab sessions;
- Maintaining a fully functional classroom and laboratory environment;
- Modifying and developing technical lab manuals, instruction manuals, reference guides and safety documents;
- Assists senior assistants in reagent preparations and various equipment settings in laboratory experiments.
- Manage lab operations including exam management, as well as safety aspects.
- Provides support to assistants involving a variety of teaching laboratory experiments.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently and have supervisory experience
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks
- Willing to learn new skills and deal with new and challenging situations enthusiastically
- Assists in maintaining and organizing laboratory supplies and in monitoring inventory levels.
- Preforms other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, assistants and faculties.
Communicates effectively with all members involving teaching laboratories affairsPosition’s mission
The Lab Assistant is responsible to provide supports to the faculties and students, within one or more Engineering program areas, by maintaining the College’s laboratories and workshops installation, demonstration, and trouble-shooting of equipment and facilities. The Laboratory Assistant sets up the lab in preparation for experiments, and maintain supplies and documentations.
Qualification Bachelor Degree / Higher Diploma are preferable related field
Experience 2-5 Years