LAY TIME EXPERT - #33154
Lila Shipping is an integrated vessel owner and operator that maintains tonnage in the dry, wet and container spaces. The group’s origins date back to 1992 when the company’s principals first began to trade older tonnage. In 2007 the principals acquired their first assets for commercial trading and chartering and have since then owned and operated a diverse fleet of over 40 ships. Our experienced commercial and management team serves our clients out of strategically placed offices in nine countries throughout the world and routinely operate up to Capesize dry bulk vessels, VLCCs and Post-Panamax containers.
We are recruiting a Laytime & Demurrage Specialist, who will become part of the company's dry cargo team which operates from Handy to Cape
The candidate will either be based in our office in Dubai or India
You will be working closely with the Company's Post-Fixture department to provide both Charterer's, as well as Vessel final reconciliations, on a timely basis.
The overall responsibility of the Laytime & Demurrage Specialist is to review each fixture's terms with respect to Demurrage, Detention and Dispatch Clauses and to calculate amounts due to each party. You will work closely with the commercial department, as well as with the Operations department to reconcile voyage accounts.
- Reviewing the prevailing Charter Party to familiarize yourself with the terms of each charter
- Communicating with the Vessel's operators with recommended arrival times with respect to the prevailing notice of readiness and working clauses
- Maintaining detailed records of NOR and working times
- Providing the Commercial department with up to the moment analysis of amounts due or saved, for each port
- Maintaining a detailed tracking of any off-hire periods
- Providing professional and accurate laytime statements at the conclusion of each charter
- Previous experience working as a Laytime Specialist in the Dry Cargo area
- A diploma in Laytime & Demurrage from a recognized Institute
- Must be highly organized
- To be meticulous and accurate
- Work well within required time lines