Legal Counsel - #43966
Date: 2 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
The Legal Counsel will be primary responsible for supporting legal needs of our operations in the Middle East. This position will report directly to our Managing Director (MENA) with a matrix reporting to the General Counsel based in Singapore
- The focus of the portfolio would be to:
- advise on a wide spectrum of construction related legal matters (including reviewing and negotiating EPC contracts and related financial transactions) for local and cross-border projects with a key focus the Middle East.
- draft, review, negotiate, and advise on a variety of general commercial and construction related documents, including tender documentation, and request for proposals
- provide legal advice on financial and commercial issues relating to real estate development and infrastructure works
- advising on general corporate matters
- Work closely with the General Counsel to identify areas of legal risk and mitigate those risks effectively on all projects and/or matters undertaken
- Manage, liaise and instruct external solicitors on legal matters
- Work closely with the Group Corporate functions
- Ensure compliance with changes in laws and regulations
- Perform other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks
- A good LLB (Hons) degree and a qualified member of a relevant Bar with 5 to 8 years of relevant post-qualifying experience.
- Solid experience in commercial and/or construction matters in legal practice or in an in-house legal role.
- Sound judgment and ability to work with tight timelines.
- Excellent analytical, drafting and negotiating skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- A solid team player and able to work independently.
- Candidates must have an excellent command of English.