Legal Counsel (6 Month Contract) - #43366
Iqarus has a proud history, extending over 40 years, of delivering fully-integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. We operate across the medical spectrum from primary care and occupational health, to advanced pre-hospital trauma care, through to full scale laboratory, radiological, diagnostic and surgical capabilities. Our approach projects the highest standards of clinical care into the environments in which we operate, through a combination of local knowledge, multinational medical staff, integrated global clinical governance, training and medical supply. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliver frontline and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive. By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Our clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non-governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-governmental organisations.
The Legal Counsel will undertake contract reviews, bespoke drafting assignments, drafting of correspondence, review of compliance documentation and undertake required corporate / commercial due diligence, with input and sign-off from the General Counsel (Head of Legal).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Review of contracts and provision of commercial comments / solutions, in order to eliminate or mitigate commercial risk.
- Drafting of agreements, such as service contracts and supplier agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and writing reports on findings.
- Conducting due diligence exercise and writing reports on findings.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Law Degree from a recognised institution
- Experience working within a multi-national company in a Legal role.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Professional credibility and strong work ethic
- The ability to function effectively when under pressure and prioritise tasks as required; to react quickly to changing requirements and meet deadlines.