Logistics Manager - #43726
Date: 2 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
Our client is a well-reputed dry foods distribution organization specializing in the HORECA and food service sector across the UAE.
Initially, the role will be responsible for establishing and implementing systems and processes for a new warehouse to operate a cost effective and efficient facility for inventory management, distribution and last mile delivery
When the warehouse is operating, the primary role will be to manage the efficient and cost effective order fulfillment, inbound and outbound distribution of dry goods to HORECA and food service clients across the UAE
- Manage inventory optimization, order fulfillment, process compliance, inbound, outbound and last mile distribution planning and management.
- Manage route planning, loading and unloading schedules, quality checks on goods being distributed.
- Implement systems to mitigate risks of shrinkage and wastage.
- Manage inbound and outbound deliveries with freight forwarders and 3rd party logistics providers.
- Ensure all mandatory QHSE requirements are adhered to.
Team management – hiring, onboarding, training, employee relations and performance management.
- 5 – 8 years managing a UAE food / FMCG logistics operations and the associated team to deliver excellence in inventory management, order fulfillment, goods inwards, dispatch, route planning and last mile delivery.
- Extensive experience in building and managing a high performance logistics team driving a culture of safety, teamwork, employee engagement and accountability.
- Commercial and financial acumen with expertise in data analysis, forecasting and management reporting.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
UAE driving license is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree is mandatory - preferably in Supply Chain Management
- CIPS membership is a strong advantage
Lean Six Sigma is a strong advantage
- Currently living in the United Arab Emirates – must be ale to live and work in Dubai.
- Fluent in English.
- Performance driven; highly motivated self-starter capable of working autonomously.
- Well-presented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.