Manager - #24676
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: MANAGER – MECHANICAL ROTATING
- Supervise and lead a team of engineers and designers and provide mechanical engineering input to projects covering the entire project life cycle from field development study, through design to operational support and troubleshooting. Provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Review of ITT, identification of scope and technical requirements, identify areas of concern and risk, and directs the Teams to develop Risk Register
- Critically review the sizing and configuration and identify the areas of optimization and potential cost savings.
- Review and moderate the equipment cost and man-hour estimate as required.
- Perform Contract Review exercise and identify the inconsistencies related to scope of work and supply, HSE and technical requirements.
- Verify and conceptualize the most optimum work route. Identify a clear scope of work/supply and accordingly plan/schedule the engineering activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Coordinate with projects and planning on project time schedule, establish target completion dates & ensure target dates are achieved.
- Develop Manpower charts and schedules, recommend, assign, and distribute manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
- Review and identify design inputs from other discipline documents such as environmental regulations, hazardous area classifications, process design basis, project specifications, process data sheets, P&IDs, key SLD, control system block diagram, piping material specifications, electrical and instrumentation specifications for packages.
- Critically review and check all project deliverables such as design basis, data sheets, specifications, RFQs, TBEs, PRs generated by Team.
- Co-ordinate and participate in various vendor discussions for technical and commercial evaluation of vendor offers.
- Administrate the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Review vendor quality plans, ensure vendor equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Coordinate with procurement, ascertain expedite of materials and equipment to site.
- Perform vendor document review and check for completeness, correctness and consistency of comments generated by the Team and other disciplines.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software.
- Provide inputs for the preparation of plot plans, organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering disciplines in the integration of data inputs.
- Monitor and ensure the team focuses on co-coordinating and managing technical interfaces amongst various disciplines and adequately capture changes as work progresses.
- Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues; strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests; facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Interface and provide clarification / guidance / technical support to construction site and commissioning engineers, provide start-up assistance as required.
- As a Technical expert in equipment packages, supervise and guide engineers involved in detail engineering of projects.
- Perform departmental duties on development of standards, training and development of young engineers.
- Facilitate the manpower recruitment process in co-ordination with HR.
- Plan and allocate manpower resources for executing the different projects, proposals and other activities of the Discipline.
- Play a leading role in technological and design improvement for the department in consultation with technical specialists in the group.
- Identify employee strengths and weaknesses and provide feedback as necessary.
- Lead the activities in converting the project from concept to detailed engineering.
- Serve as a tie-in in the department team for inter-discipline engineering concerned with the project.
- Accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project within allotted schedule, manpower and costs.
- Decision on the technical matters of the specified project &internal work distribution.
- Consult with Project Engineering Manager and HOD on main issues which may affect budget, schedule, resources, layout and equipment specifications.
- May make recommendations on mobilization/demobilization of personnel.
- Supervise a team of Engineers & Designers as a lead and supervise multiple leads as group leader. 15% of time is spent on Training & development of incumbents.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with a minimum 20 years of work experience preferable from a background in working for the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry of which he should have spent minimum 4 to 5 years in similar capacity in similar organization having proven track record of his technical and managerial skill.
- Technical expert in minimum 3 (three) rotating equipment packages (Compressors, Turbines, Material handling items, Turbo expanders, Steam Generators, Water treatment plants, Large DG sets etc.)
- As a Technical expert in some rotating equipment packages (Compressors, Turbines, Material handling items, Turbo expanders, Steam Generators, Water treatment plants, Large DG sets etc.), guide multiple leads and engineers who are involved in detail engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of PDH & PP project experience, preferably with UOP Olefex technology, required in Mechanical Rotating discipline.