Manager - Finance, Compliance & Audit - #33759
udit Planning/Design D
- evelop an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Annual audit plan to cover all activities of the Apparel Group and its entities in the UAE and GCC Countries. M
- eet with the Senior Management and Board Members to discuss needs and propose audits, to build stakeholder requirements into department plans. E
- nsure plan is developed to meet the Board’s expectations. S
- chedule and assign audits to team members, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources. E
- nsure quality control of the team’s audit plans on an ongoing basis by reviewing and approving plans as they are developed and communicated to various stakeholders.. E
- nsure annual audit plans have contingency built in, to provide unexpected audits to stakeholders as they may surface. R eport to the Board at the required intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other ad-hoc activity as required.
onducting Audits O
- versee and provide quality control for the department’s audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times. E
- nsure completion of audit assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee. D evelop the team’s engagement with and support of major business change, thus ensuring that appropriate consideration of risk and control is given to all change.
eporting Ensure final reports are issued with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
eople Management & Development M
- anage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals. H
- old direct reports accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure the department’s goals are achieved and stakeholders satisfied. P
- rovide ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth. M
- otivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet stakeholders expectations. D
- eal with performance issues, discipline as necessary and address poor standards, ensuring department targets and customer satisfaction is not compromised. M anage the head count, recruiting and deploying resources as required, to ensure the department budget is balanced and the right mix of skills and strengths are being leveraged as effectively as possible.
mproving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management B
- uild relationships with various Business Heads, Department Heads and Stakeholders across the organization to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organization as a whole. S
- upport and encourage team members to be proactive in identifying opportunities to share best practice with Business Heads, Department Heads and Stakeholders to improve the control environment. D
- evelop new methodologies to improve the audit process, making it “easier” for the organization to request audits and implement recommendations. P
- rovide assistance to the business in meeting regulatory requirements. K
- eep abreast of developments in Corporate Governance practices and advise the business accordingly. T his job description reflects the current requirements of the role.
eneral Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
erson Specification (Criteria Essential / Desirable)
pecialist Knowledge C
lear Understanding of the Retail Industry which is the core Business of the Group, with strong commercial Knowledge
kills & Attributes S
- trong analytical and evaluation ability S
- trong communication skills both verbal and written S
- trong planning and organizational skills S