Manager, Food & Beverage Marketing - #33562
Banyan Tree Group is one of the world’s leading independent, multi-branded hospitality groups centered on the purpose-driven mission of stewardship and wellbeing while offering exceptional, design-led experiences.
The Group’s diversified portfolio of hotels, resorts, spas, galleries, golf and residences features an ecosystem of 10 global brands, including the award-winning Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa and Laguna, and the highly anticipated new brands of Homm, Garrya, Folio, and two new Banyan Tree brand extensions - Escape and Veya.
Established in 2008, with the goal of advancing people development and management excellence, Banyan Tree Management Academy has nurtured over 10,000 associates across 23 countries. The Group is recognised for its commitment to environmental protection and community development through its Banyan Tree Global Foundation. Operating over 70 hotels in 17 countries, it has over 50 new properties in the pipeline.
Banyan Tree Dubai is a lively, island escape where stylish stays, incredible dining, warm hospitality, and recreation create lasting memories. Fronted by 500m of a pristine, private beach with uninterrupted views of the Arabian Gulf and backed by the iconic Ain Dubai. With the ambience of a sleek, relaxed, luxe island getaway, Banyan Tree Dubai boasts 3 chilled outdoor pools, fully-serviced beach, award-winning Banyan Tree Spa, a ﬁtness center and 7 dining options.
The Manager, Food & Beverage Marketing will play a vital role in developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives for the hotel's food and beverage outlets. This position requires a dynamic individual with a strong background in marketing, a deep understanding of the hospitality industry, and a passion for culinary experiences. The Food and Beverage Marketing Manager will collaborate with various departments to drive brand awareness, increase revenue, and enhance the overall guest experience.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to promote food and beverage offerings.
- Collaborate with the hotel's management team to align marketing efforts with overall business goals.
- Cultivate and enhance the hotel's food and beverage brand identity.
- Ensure consistent messaging and branding across all marketing channels.
- Oversee the creation and execution of digital marketing campaigns, including social media, email marketing, and website content.
- Monitor online reviews and engage with guests on digital platforms.
- Plan and execute promotional events and campaigns to drive traffic to food and beverage outlets.
- Collaborate with culinary and service teams to create unique and attractive promotions.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences.
- Conduct market research to identify new opportunities for revenue growth.
Collaboration with the Teams:
- Work closely with F&B and culinary teams to highlight unique menu offerings and culinary experiences.
Partnerships and Collaborations:
- Establish and maintain relationships with local influencers, media, and potential partners to enhance the hotel's visibility.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources for maximum impact.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Monitor the performance of marketing initiatives and provide regular reports to the management team.
- Conduct post-event analysis to evaluate the success of campaigns.
People & Culture
- Foster a positive and structured work environment which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
- Work alongside with the People & Culture leader to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the Heartist.
- Hire new Heartists in conjunction with the People & Culture Leader through INES.
- Use the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate.
Employee Engagement and Communications
- Strive to increase Heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each Heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and associate information with transparency so that each Heartist understands how they contribute to the company’s success. This will include working on the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and People & Culture Audit. Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase Heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
- Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the Accor All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture
- Labour Turnover to be closely monitored and proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to People & Culture leader as well as Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development & Performance Management
- Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process is conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
- Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans as well as on the job training.
- Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilised.
- For all supervisory positions have a transparent development programme in place in conjunction with the Talent & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
- Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
- The activities and contribution of the role will impact the performance of the hotel.
- They will act on behalf of the business to work through complex situations and reduce risk, interpreting and implementing company policies and employment legislation as appropriate.
- They will be required to exercise sound judgment and integrity at all times to ensure confidentiality of protected information.
- Be fiscally competent in budgeting, forecasting including the commentary that goes with the documents/meetings.
- Demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing room revenue
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in marketing, with a focus on food and beverage or hospitality.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels and social media platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate innovative marketing ideas.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and culinary trends.
- Budget management experience.