Medical Coder - #24698
Occupational Safety and Health Management
- Attending Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) programs as a mandatory requirement.
- Being compliant with all OSH policies & procedures and legal requirements regarding Occupational Safety and Health Management System.
- Conducting his/her task in a healthy and safe manner at all times. Reporting any untoward events that will impact the occupational, safety & health of patients, staff, contractors, facilities, operations, etc.
- Ensuring that OSHMS processes are implemented and maintained in compliance with OSHAD SF within and surrounding the hospital facility;
- To carry out the supervision, daily planning and directing of the facility management team in performing OSH tasks;
- To initiate and undertake actions to prevent the occurrence of OSH nonconformities;
- To ensure and carry out safe and healthy working/practice within the facility;
- To provide facility management related OSH reports to the Owner and/or Hospital Administrator or to other authorized personnel by the Owner (e.g. OSH Officer);
- To participate in coordinating with the authorities for work permit, inspections, approvals, etc. along with the hospital’s authorized personnel;
- To perform any other OSH duties as and when required.
- To ensure that OSHMS of BIH is developed and implemented
- To ensure that organization should be profitable
- Keep looking for business opportunities
- To ensure that all operation meet the legal requirements
- To ensure that the health, safety and well-being of employees are taken care of. Report to the Hospital Administrator.
- All employees are personally accountable for their actions and are responsible for ensuring that they comply with infection prevention and control policies.
Health care workers are responsible for identifying infectious conditions that require specific controls to protect themselves and their patients. In addition, they are responsible for notifying the infection prevention.
- Be aware of Mission, Vision and Values
- Comply with Law and regulations requirements
- Implement Standardized Hospital Wide management system
- Keep updated with most current updated guidelines, trainings, related policies procedures, plans and related documents in the shared folder, attend drills and share related quality activities and improvement projects
- Teamwork in departmental and interdisciplinary hospital wide team approach to Quality related activities monitor, improve and maintain the quality and patient safety hospital wide complying with Law and regulations requirements, DOH requirements, JAWDA requirements and JCIA accreditation requirements.
- Auditing records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges.
- Receiving hospital information to properly bill provider services for hospital patients.
- Supplying correct ICD-9-CM /ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes on all diagnoses provided.
- Supplies correct HCPCS code on all procedures and services performed.
- Provide correct CPT code on all procedures and services performed.
- Contacts Medical staff to train and update them with correct coding information.
- Attending seminars and in-services as required to be updated on coding issues.
- Auditing medical records to ensure proper coding completed and to ensure compliance with Haad Regulation and Rules.
- Following coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance Haad regulation and rules.
- Assign proper ICD9, CPT, DRG codes for medical service that required pre-Authorization.
- Help in the coding process for the rejected claims.
- Quantitative analysis - Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required, and all other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Qualitative analysis - Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Reviews the records for compliance with established reimbursement and special screening criteria.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
- Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description
- Code the most accuracy level of diagnosis like external cause, place of occurrence and activity code.
- Attending OSH programs of BIH as a mandatory requirement.
- Complies with all OSH policies, procedures & legal requirements regarding OSHMS.
- Conducts his/ her task in a healthy and safe manner at all times.
- Report any untoward events that will impact the occupational, safety and health of patients, contractors, facilities, operations and etc.
- High School Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree
- Medical Coding Certificate by AAPC OR AHIMA
- Two years’ experience using ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCs or equivalency.