Medical Laboratory Technologist - UAEN - #24730
- Attends Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) programs as a mandatory requirement.
- Complying with all OSH policies & procedures and legal requirements regarding Occupational Safety and Health Management System.
- Conducts his task in a healthy and safe manner at all times.
- Reports any untoward events that will impact the occupational, safety & health of patients, staff, contractors, facilities, operations, etc.
- Ensures that OSHMS processes are implemented and maintained in compliance with OSHAD SF within and surrounding the hospital facility;
- Carries out the supervision, daily planning and directing of the facility management team in performing OSH tasks;
- Initiates and undertake actions to prevent the occurrence of OSH nonconformities;
- Ensures and carry out safe and healthy working/practice within the facility;
- Provides facility management related OSH reports to the Owner and/or Hospital Administrator or to other authorized personnel by the Owner (e.g. OSH Officer);
- Participates in coordinating with the authorities for work permit, inspections, approvals, etc. along with the hospital’s authorized personnel; Performs any other OSH duties as and when required.
- Ensures that OSHMS of BIH is developed and implemented
- Ensures that organization should be profitable
- Looks for business opportunities
- Ensures that all operation meet the legal requirements
- Ensures that the health, safety and well-being of employees are taken care of.
- Reports to the Quality Director and Hospital Administrator.
- All employees are personally accountable for their actions and are responsible for ensuring that they comply with infection prevention and control policies.
Health care workers are responsible for identifying infectious conditions that require specific controls to protect themselves and their patients. In addition, they are responsible for notifying the infection prevention.
- Be aware of Mission, Vision and Values
- Comply with Law and regulations requirements
- Implement Standardized Hospital Wide management system
- Keep updated with most current updated guidelines, trainings, related policies procedures, plans and related documents in the shared folder, attend drills and share related quality activities and improvement projects
- Team work in departmental and interdisciplinary hospital wide team approach to Quality related activities monitor, improve and maintain the quality and patient safety hospital wide complying with Law and regulations requirements, DOH requirements, JAWDA requirements and JCIA accreditation requirements.
- Responsible for working extra hours depending on the load of work.
- In the absence of receptionist:
- Responsible for greeting and guiding the patients, doctors and other visitors at the laboratory in the absence of receptionist.
- Responsible for providing telephonic support by greeting and by providing assistance to the patients, doctors and other callers to the laboratory in regards to the services offered by the laboratory.
- Responsible for reporting the calls and the brief history of the calls to the senior managers.
- Accountable for all technical aspects of the managing the reception desk of the laboratory facility that are related to the provision of samples and related services, even if some or all the responsibilities are delegated to other qualified staff
- Responsible for Blood extraction (2 technicians for paediatric patients) and collecting of other samples. Registering the patient samples in the LIS.
- Handling urine and stool samples of patients.
- Checking and changing sharp containers, discarding old left-over samples (blood, urine, stool, swabs).
- Cleaning and disinfecting working areas.
- Arranging and packaging of the samples to be sent to the referral laboratory.
- Organizing the stockrooms, refilling the phlebotomy rooms as per the rotational duty.
- Verify, analyse and notify the non-conformances.
- Filling the forms given by the Senior Manager for ISO or any other regulatory or accreditation purpose.
- Responsible in giving training to the new staff.
- Participating in the ‘Continuous Medical Education’ (CME) program for the laboratory technologists
- Revising the policies and procedures, and protocols required for sample collections out in the laboratory.
- Supervising the daily record of temperature of Cool boxed with samples sent to the referral laboratories
- Responsible to behave and interact with the other laboratory staff without affecting the individual dignity and maintaining professionalism.
- Organise and get approval for the duty list preparation and the leaves.
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology/ Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent qualification.
- With 2 years’ experience in related field.
- DOH/Haad Licensed professional in UAE