Naval Architect - #43556
Archirodon Group N.V
Archirodon, having earned its reputation as a reliable and respected international contractor for more than a half century in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) market, continues to create value to its stakeholders by executing complex EPC projects worldwide, in recognition of its superior standards of performance.
We have an outstanding record in completing major Energy, Marine, Infrastructure and Defense & Security projects around the globe and we pride ourselves on delivering over the years the kind of reliability and trust that the client has the right to expect from a major EPC contractor.
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for One (1) Naval Architect to join a top qualified and knowledgeable team of Engineers in UAE.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic EPC leader with global presence? We’d like to meet you.
Join our worldwide journey. Build on something that matters!
What you will need to do:
- Is familiar with the IMO regulations, Port authorities’ regulations and Client’s requirements, and always considers them in his duties.
- Arranges and supervises the Dry‐docking maintenance and repair of marine vessels required for periodical bottom and class special surveys.
- Prepares comparative statement for the dry‐docking repairs of marine vessels for third party repair yards.
- Monitors IACS marine vessels due for class surveys through consolidated list of marine equipment received from P&ED or through IACS online service portals.
- Conducts on-board inspections for the repair and maintenance of marine vessels in preparation for the required projects.
- Prepares Equipment Transfer Inspection Report (ETIR) for the outgoing and incoming marine vessels being sent to or received from the projects.
- Maintains up‐to‐date document/files of class, statutory and other related certificates in the marine vessels archive.
- Monitors and keeps inventory records and up‐to‐date certificates related to navigational, lifesaving, fire‐fighting appliances on-board marine vessels.
- Liaises class survey attendance required for marine vessels engaged in different projects.
- Upgrades and equips the marine vessels to comply with IACS applicable rules and regulations and other special/specific project requirements.
- Carries out any task is appointed to him (investigation, evaluation, comparison, documentation, negotiation, supervision, etc.)
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of working experience as a Naval Architect, preferably in the shipbuilding or marine industry.
- Proficiency in ship design software and engineering tools such as AutoCAD, Autohydro, Rhino, and Maxsurf.
- Computer literacy, including use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Excellent English command (written and oral).
You are someone who:
- Punctual, Committed and Hardworking (i.e., good work ethics).
- Displays a team spirit; particularly in a multicultural environment collaborating smoothly and effectively.
- Able to work both independently and as team leader, exercising professional judgment and coordination skills.
- Has excellent organizational skills.