Operations Accountant - #43885
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Position Overview: Operations Accountant
This is a permanent international local hire position in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates responsible for preparing and reconciling financial information. The position will be based at Insitu’s new Unmanned Center of Excellence (UxS COE) at the Tawazun Industrial Park and receives general direction and guidance for Insitu’s primary office in the Bingen, WA, USA. This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable accountant to be part of a small, specialized team at the forefront of Insitu’s business expansion in the region.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Manages contract administration, accounting, billing, and forecasting activities.
- Researches, prepares, and reconciles data in support of the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Supports analysis, documentation, and mitigation of compliance risk/errors and provides effective internal controls.
- Identifies and resolves accounting system issues.
- Analyzes and interprets directives, policies, and regulatory requirements to provide recommendations on new and existing accounting issues.
- Supports the allocation and maintenance of the cost accounting structure/system, tools, and related alignment activities.
- Supports the development and deployment of new accounting systems and tools.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Knowledge of accounting theory, concepts, and principles (e.g., Financial Accounting Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Knowledge of how to implement/maintain/document effective internal controls and processes to ensure system integrity and compliance with accounting system requirements and company internal control guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to identify and resolve accounting system issues. Ability to support internal/external auditors and provide assistance regarding implementation and problem resolution. Ability to support development and deployment of accounting systems and tools.
- Ability to determine the process to be used to accomplish goals, properly document processes, know how to organize people and activities, understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow, identify opportunities for synergy and integration, and simplify complex processes.
- Ability to identify and create qualitative or quantitative measures of success and failure. Ability to select the key parameters and develop standards to monitor progress, provide updates of performance, and plot trends over time.
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions in English and Arabic.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Business startup and enterprise resource planning implementation experience desired
- Experience in Operations or Government Accounting
- Comfortable interacting with local suppliers and vendors
- Familiarity with offset agreements
- Experience utilizing Microsoft products (Excel, SharePoint, Teams)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelors) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +1 years' related work experience, 7 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable UAE law. Employment is subject to the candidate's ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities.
Export Control Requirements: This is an export control position
Export Control Details: Non – US based job
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.