Operations Manager - dmg events - #33194
About Us - dmg events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business. dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
To produce well-organized, cost-effective exhibitions. Work with the selected contractors to ensure smooth delivery of the events. Manage and develop best practices throughout the operations team to support the show teams across the DMG shows in appointed territories. Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, achievement of deadlines, and strict budget control.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the best administrative system is in place to deliver professional, efficient exhibitions.
- Accountable for the successful and smooth operation of all exhibitions and events, including build and breakdown of the shows. Management of: engineering, graphics, security, floorplans, cleaning, electrical, seating, staging, rigging, venue, stand contractors, etc. etc.
- Ensure procedures and systems are in place for the production of online exhibitor manuals. The objective is to create a manual that is seamless, straight forward and efficient for exhibitors to use.
- Ensure procedures are in place for the monitoring of all exhibitor information in order to ensure a smooth and trouble free exhibition
- Ensure the team has secured all stand designs, various health and safety documents, performance bond etc. Designs should meet the health and safety regulations required by the venues in which we operate.
- Working with the Operations Supervisor, improve organiser/exhibitor relationships with the objective of providing a customer focused service.
- Provide support to sales, marketing, sponsorship and Exhibition Directors in order to ensure smooth running of event logistics.
- Work with the marketing teams to produce the show signage, working on improvements for each show. Explore different ways to reduce the costs but improve the effectiveness of signage and how it is used. Create a system to make the process of producing the signage for each show less time consuming.
- Work to create an enjoyable, must-see experience for visitors.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that exhibition teams are briefed and understand issues and best practice
- Make sure all relevant updated information is sent to exhibitors and contractors
- Manage health and safety on site in adherence to DMG policy
- Obtain Health and Safety policies from main contractors
- Produce a health and safety summary after each show with recommendations as appropriate, ensuring they are implemented
- Carry out accident investigations if required
- Ensure show teams are aware of the emergency procedures
- Put together a show risk assessment and method statement.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture amongst suppliers and venue
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills:
- Senior level operations experience in organizing and delivering large scale events Internationally, preferably in the Middle East – both exhibition and conference experience
- First class English communication skills – both oral and written
- Knowledge of stand build regulations.
- Knowledge of worldwide venue rules and regulations relating to the build of exhibitions and events.
- A good knowledge of Excel, Outlook, AutoCad, Word & Powerpoint.
- Experienced in dealing with International Health and Safety standards with trade exhibition venues
- Able to manage suppliers to maximise their service levels and still maintain good working relations
- Knowledge of freight forwarding regulations.
- Understanding of on-line exhibitor manual software.
- Knowledge and experience of floor plan management and optimisation
- Strong planner – able to manage complex tasks over a defined period
- Customer focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Supportive team player
- Able to prioritise and set workloads, work under immense pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Sense of humour and desire to learn
- Innovative and creative
- Assertive and diplomatic
"Please take the time to read the job description, you must meet all the criteria set out above for your application to be considered. We do check all applications and suitable candidates will be contacted within 5 days. If you are not contacted by us within 5 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time."
More jobs on https://www.qureos.com/