Paralegal - #43648
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Abu Dhabi
Contract type: Full time
Job Title: ParalegalPosting Date: 9 Feb 2024 Requisition ID: 1697 Company: NAWAH Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, AE Employment Type: Regular Employee Seasonality Classification: 4 Unit Steady State Job Purpose
Provides legal administrative support and performs legal research and analysis for the legal department in accordance with applicable legal practices and Nawah's standards and procedures
Key Activities, Responsibility & Accountability Activity:
Transactional and Operational Support
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conducts legal and factual research and analysis into assigned legal or regulatory matters and ensures proper and hardcopy document management.
- Coordinates the management of document review with external parties and internal revision control for document negotiation.
- Proof reads and edit draft legal agreements, including management of inter-department input into agreement terms and appendices.
- Reviews and assists in drafting legal opinions and advice and recommendations on various legal and contractual matters to prevent risks and protect the company's interests.
- Assists in the reviewing and preparing of contractual documents to ensure that risks to Nawah are mitigated in contract negotiations.
- Assists in the reviewing and analyzing of legal documents of relevant legislations in answer to functional queries to mitigate risks and prevent disputes.
- Drafts legal administrative documents, legal opinions, presentations and analyses as required related to internal queries under the supervision of Senior Legal Counsels.
- Drafts memos to review UAE and international laws to determine the applicability to the enterprise under the supervision of Senior Legal Counsels.
- Drafts and send out quarterly legal reports to the respective reporting channels.
- Drafts cover letters for submission to third parties, including regulatory bodies.
- Engages with administrative staff and associates to provide required information on and explanation of Nawah corporate information, policies and procedures in order to facilitate due diligence and process requirements.
- Assists in project plan set up; and monitor as well as update plans for the purpose of due diligence tasks, including reviewing materials and documents.
- Assists in the set up and management of checklists for major projects including negotiation of complex project agreements involving multiple parties.
- Carries out and review searches results and collates regulatory filings and submissions to ensure that the legal database and research is up to date.
- Maintains and updates the legal files and legal records both electronically & in the legal vault and make it available in standard manner.
- Coordinates with the team to establish and implement smart filing system/tools to improve the efficiency of the Legal Department.
- Prepares minutes of meeting and follows up on open action items arising from meetings.
- Collates comments received from counterparties and assists in amendments and proof reading of documents for quality assurance purposes.
- Supports the implementation of the Legal Department's policies and procedures and other tasks as may be required to support achievement of departmental objectives.
- Assists in drafting Legal Department's policies and procedures to ensure that they are in line with Nawahs guidelines.
- Assists in the preparation of legal contracts, deeds, leases, opinions and other legal papers of a routine nature for dealing with external legal agencies.
- Assists in continuous development of standard templates and formats for legal document controlling purposes.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Facilitates communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships.
The incumbent is expected to perform standard activities as per attachments 4 & 5 in the Job Description procedure (relating to Health, Safety and Environment, Security and Business Continuity, People Management, Excellence and Quality Management Responsibilities & Accountabilities (contd.)
N/A Professional Certifications Minimum
N/A Qualifications Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Law.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
Or equivalent as stated in the Job Description Procedure (HR-PRC-0004)
- Over 4 years of experience.