Parts Advisor - Bodyshop - #25365
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The Role:
First point of contact in the Parts department for customer inquiries, Ensure effective personal and telephonic communication with customers, service advisors and technicians regarding charges, approvals and negotiations.
What You Will Do:
- Execute assigned jobs according to established work standards, specifications and required time
- Maintain the discipline of the service establishment, safe and clean work area through strict adherence of company rules, regulations and procedures
- Keep up with new technology, work procedures, time standards and relevant technical know-how to maintain or improve work productivity and quality
- Perform other tasks assigned by immediate superior or manager, if necessary
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain & update the parts prices
- Arrange parts on the requisition of Team Leaders/Technicians
- Maintains electronic and/or paper records of the Parts Ordering/Receiving & other related documents.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities mentioned in the related business SOPs
- Comply with the Quality Management System and participate with organization’s improvement activities
- Carry out work with care ensuring not to endanger the life either of themselves or others by theirs acts or omissions whilst complying with health and safety requirements of the company and preventing any harm to the environment.
Required Skills To Be Successful:
- Spare parts sales experience in the automotive industry
- Good sales and customer service experience
- Knowledge with parts catalogue
- Good systems knowledge preferably with SAP
About The Team:
The Part Advisor is the most critical contributor to parts operation for supply of all parts as per customer and workshop demands of the branch and needs to demonstrate an extremely high level of relationship between all stakeholders to deliver exceptional customer experience. This position directly interacts with Customers, Service Advisor, Parts Supervisor, Job Controller, Technicians and Workshop Manager
What Equips You For The Role:
- Possess a good general level of Technical Education, Diploma, Bachelors or Automotive Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within spare parts operations, preferably at an automotive parts sales counter, familiarity with safety standards during work for people, machines and material
- Ability to speak, write and read English to deal with supervisors and customers
- Working knowledge of MS office, SAP knowledge preferred
- Proficient with Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC)
- Has good product and process knowledge
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.