Pharmacist - #33538
Dubai Duty Free
Date: 1 week ago
Contract type: Full time
About the Role
- To operate DDF Pharmacy as per legislation and practices approved by the Ministry of Health and Department of Health.
Key Duties of the role includes:
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files registries of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs.
- Maintain, properly handle, and store stocks, and check the expiration and shelf-life dates.
- Coach new Pharmacist to support development and growth.
- Perform immediate medical assistance e.g., body checks, as and when required.
- Provide advice about health issues, symptoms, and medications in response to customer enquiries.
- Sell other health-related merchandise available in the Pharmacy.
- Safe keep the controlled medicines and have a logbook for every purchase as instructed by Ministry of Health for monthly reports.
- Keep a record and file of all relevant accountable and documents.
- Make sure that medicines must be returned at least three months in advance to get claim.
- Keep track of current and new drugs introduced in the market.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Knowledge of the information regarding sickness, symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Knowledge of government laws and regulations pertaining to medicines and drugs.
- Knowledge of new products and products available at the Pharmacy in Dubai, as well as the international market industry updates.
- Medical emergencies - understand medical emergency situations if they occur and to take appropriate actions.
- Cross-cultural awareness - able to understand and appreciate issues from the perspective of other cultures and countries.
- Teamwork - able to take a co-operative approach within the team, sharing knowledge and information.
- Customer focus - able to identify and understand the customer’s needs.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
Qualification & Experience:
- A degree in Pharmacy.
- With UAE Department of Health (DOH) license.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in working and managing a Pharmacy.
Condition of Employment
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Work on shifts including night shifts.
- Work in different locations within the Dubai Duty Free airport operations.
- Wear corporate uniform.