Preservation Manager - #33522
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Preservation Manager
- The Preservation Manager is the Petrofac representative at head office who will detail and implement preservation requirements for Project equipment and materials by interfacing with Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Quality & Commissioning teams as well as with Company and Vendors (as required) throughout all phases of the Project.
- During Proposal phase, estimate the preservation manpower, equipment, tools, consumables requirement on site and submit preservation documentation as per ITT requirement.
- At pre-ward stage, ensure that Subcontractors are fully aware about preservation scope and requirements so that resources are allocated during execution.
- Review the Subcontract responsibility matrix, and ensure it reflects the preservation scope of work related to the Subcontractor.
- Develop a detailed Preservation Execution Plan / Procedure for implementation in the Project(s) in line with the Contract and Vendor documentation.
- Oversee the implementation of approved Preservation Plan throughout project lifecycle.
- Prepare the Preservation team (Preservation Engineers & Technicians) mobilization plan for Project sites.
- Oversee that the preservation requirement is adequately covered in all material requisitions, purchase requisitions and purchase orders, and ensure that all suppliers are submitting their recommended packing, preservation and shipping procedures. Review of MR, PR and PO for preservation requirements.
- Review and Approve preservation & storage procedures submitted by vendors to ensure all requirements are detailed clearly (such as specific preservation instructions and vendor recommended special preservation consumables, interim storage requirements).
- Oversee that critical equipment / packages are packed for seaworthy shipment as per project specifications and “Packing and Marking procedure.
- Communicate to the Project Team the specific preservation requirements for site set up (e.g. temperature-controlled warehouse / weatherproof storage area size).
- Liaise with Site Managers during execution phase to get full support.
- Lead and manage the Preservation team to ensure the Project equipment and material are stored, protected and preserved during warehousing, fabrication, installation & commissioning phase as per approved Preservation Plan.
- Ensure all preservation activities are planned, scheduled and recorded in the Preservation database (such as PetroPCS) starting from initial preservation at vendor’s shop floor till handover to Company.
- Conduct regular functional assessments/audits on Project(s) to verify the implementation of approved procedures.
- Implement previous project learnings and capture lessons learned.
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
- The postholder is expected to adhere to the Golden Rules of Safety (transitioning to ‘The 9 Lifesaving Rules in 2020) and the Petrofac Values.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 12+ years of experience in direct hire construction with an international E&C company including at least 5+ years site experience in the oil & gas industry handling preservation.
- Relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in management of preservation of project equipment and materials.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills.
- Has knowledge and experience to independently perform, solve complex issues and provide guidance.