Project Manager - #33637
Date: 1 week ago
Contract type: Full time
13740-Project ManagerExperience: 10-13 Posted: 20 Nov,2023 Location: United Arab Emirates Apply Now Job Title: Project Manager Work Location - Dubai
Job Purpose The role of the Program Manager is to plan, execute, track and implement projects within the baseline timeframe, budget and scope parameters, including overseeing the quality and compliance controls throughout the project life-cycle. Responsibility includes the technical ownership of production system and their operating environments including maintenance and enhancements
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver projects to meet organizational objectives and project success criteria.
- Guide stakeholders in envisioning and scoping projects, perform project planning, task sequencing and define team roles and responsibilities.
- Perform project management activities such as planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting - status, quality, risk.
- Co-ordinate team resources to complete assigned tasks within project/BAU targets.
- Assist in preparation of project & annual budget.
- Ensure capacity planning is performed regularly to ensure adequate system resources are available to support changing demands.
- Provide technical guidance, information and instruction to other IT staff requiring broader subject knowledge.
- Ensure systems (hardware and software) in all environments meet security baseline standards.
- Excellent project management experience.
- Ability to manage diverse teams drawing on different skills to enable strong team results. Excellent information systems understanding with ability to lead root cause analysis and closure.
- Business and technical experience in the financial services domain.
- 12+ years’ experience in the IT field of which 7-8 years in team, project and program management.
- Strong organizational and presentation capability.
- Take initiatives in implementing source control and release management process.
- Guide all the technology teams in stability of applications and platforms by providing critical inputs on various aspects like performance testing, performance tuning etc.
- Domain Knowledge in Financial Services.
- Functional and technology knowledge on major banking applications.
- Senior Stakeholder Management.
- 12+ years of technology experience.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries, Working Relationships
- Member of the development/implementation team (including off-shore) managing projects and IT initiatives.
- Interacts with project stakeholders from business, enabling units, 3rd party representatives, and senior management.
- Work with team members participating in shadowing and training activities and ensuring continuity of deliverables.
- Adhere to project management, information controls and security frameworks/procedures, including change and incident management process.
- Provide general administrative support to the team, including, meetings, knowledge transfer and activity reporting.
- Ensure management is informed of risks, issues, project/activity status, and team accomplishments.
- Recognize team achievements and share success, promoting high performing teams.
- Performing root cause analysis & tracking to closure of incidents on the team applications. Recommend solutions to systems or process obstacles.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility
- Ensure operational change, incident and problem management processes are performed.
- Ensure project change requests are managed according to the project management methodology.
- Negotiate with 3” parties toward the best outcome for the project and organization (non- financial aspects).