Public Relations and Marketing Manager at InterContinental Fujairah Resort - #43917
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day:
As PR & Marketing Manager, you are responsible to develop and implement Marketing, PR & Communications strategies to maintain the hotel positioning and image as a 5 star luxury property. Maintain strong relations with media. Set the CSR strategy for the hotel and connect with the local community.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Help Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team goals to maximize hotel profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement PR plans and set budgets that help promote room, food & beverage and banquet sales.
- Liaise with Director of Sales & Marketing in targeting specific markets and developing the Marketing/PR strategies to reach these markets.
- Work closely with assigned marketing and PR agency to execute hotel marketing and PR plans effectively
- Attend events locally and nationally to promote the hotel and to build a profile and increase marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Enhance the image of the hotel within local community
- Implement and Execute the production of hotel collateral, marketing material and advertising plans.
- Develop online marketing plans, social media and Ecommerce channels for the hotel
- Ensure content and pictures on the hotel brand website, individual website and all OTA websites is up to date and the hotel is ranking high in search results on key online review websites.
- Ensure optimization of SEO and SEP to enhance hotel ranking on search websites
- Ensure hotel promotions are delivered to the right audience through print and on-line promotions.
- Oversee hotel photography making sure it follows brand guidelines
- Monitor awareness of competitor activities and use information when developing strategies.
- Oversee sponsorship activities.
- Prepare newsworthy press releases.
- Direct day-to-day PR activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key figures of the community and outside contacts i.e. guests, government VIPs, charity organisation.
- Keep good relationships with corporate level team members for PR, Content and Social media and ensure their trainings and buy-ins are always mandated.
- Produce hotel collateral to communicate hotel promotional activities as per guidelines.
- Develop content on social media, online channels and hotel website.
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field, and six or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required. English fluent, other languages preferred.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- Valid UAE Driver’s License.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Belong.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey? As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.