Quantity Surveyor (Roads and Infrastructure) - #33131
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Quantity Surveyor (Roads and Infrastructure) to join our team! In this role you will get to e stimate costs and managing the budget of the Roads, infrastructure and landscaping projects.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Estimating costs and managing the projects' budgets.
- Working out the initial projects' cost and monitoring progress to ensure that the work is completed to a high standard and within budget.
- Reviewing claims and preparing the proper submittals.
- Reviewing the monthly invoices of the contractor's KPI and preparing the proper submittals.
- Keeping an up-to-date assets' control records.
- Handling the related Work Orders activities.
- Responsible for accurately measuring and pricing using Contract drawings, specifications and Bills of Quantities.
- To handle all post-contract QS functions such as handling of interim and final payments, variations, commercial and contractual correspondence, cash flows, claims etc.
- Advise on contractual matters.
- Ensure completeness and validity of contractual requirements.
- Advice on Contractor’s resource allocation.
- Audit payments to Contractors.
- Ensure prompt submittal and completeness of valuations.
- Check and record measure of work done.
- Prepare variations and day-works.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimate.
- Maintain expenditure records.
- Review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of his team.
- Prepare financial statements for monthly report.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor Degr in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of (15) years of experience in Quantity surveying and contract administration of roads and maintenance works.
- Must have thorough knowledge of CESMME and FIDIC.
- Ability to perform standard estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is required.
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications.
- A familiarity with typical project controls software and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System).
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is required.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.