R&D Manager - #44007
Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. BanoPuratos develops, produces, and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
BanoPuratos group is a rapidly growing joint-venture in the Middle East, with 354 employees in 7 countries, and a consolidated turnover of over 100 M in 2022. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at BanoPuratos so magical.
Based at BanoPuratos Factory UAE, we are currently seeking a:
(Sharjah, United Arab Emirates)
The R&D Manager plays a pivotal role in defining and implementing the R&D strategy, ensuring alignment with overall business strategies. The ideal candidate will be responsible for defining technical needs tailored to BanoPuratos' regional market and overseeing the R&D team's management and talent development. Additionally, the R&D Manager conduct sales visits for industrial clients and develop tailor-made products to meet their specific requirements.
- Drive the development of new bakery, patisserie, and chocolate products and concepts across all customer segments.
- Provide proactive technical support to business development, including training salespeople and demonstrators, conducting regular visits and presentations for customers, and maintaining strong commercial contacts with key accounts.
- Offer R&D support to production, addressing technical and quality issues, managing obsolete stocks, and overseeing SKU management.
- Manage the R&D team by setting clear objectives and priorities, coaching team members to achieve their goals, and overseeing activities in the test bakery.
- Interact with regional teams and HQ to ensure the local team is informed and trained on the latest Group innovations and technologies, actively promoting their implementation in the country.
- Ensure the accuracy and compliance of all technical data linked to products (data sheets, declarations, formulas) with food legislation.
- Uphold confidentiality of formulas and protection of know-how in accordance with Group golden rules on know-how protection and cost monitoring.
- Provide operational support by selecting appropriate raw materials, defining production processes, and establishing quality criteria for raw materials and finished products.
- Analyze and report on product and process trends.
- Manage laboratory assets and implement best laboratory practices.
- Define suppliers and obtain necessary approvals for engagement.
- Minimum 7 years of R&D experience, preferably within the baking industry.
- Bachelor's degree in food science or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Fluent in English and Arabic; French proficiency is advantageous.
- Analytical with strong communication and commercial skills.
- Possesses a robust knowledge and/or interest in food ingredients and their applications.
- Should be able to properly manage, guide, and coach his/her team.
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Should have excellent commination and presenting skills.
- Should be multitasking, and able to perform under stress while meeting deadlines.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Should have analytical skills to properly manage the department’s data.
BanoPuratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages our people to take initiatives and bring ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course, BanoPuratos offers a competitive package but additionally, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.