Safety Officer – Solar Projects - #33459
Date: 2 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
Our client is a global solar energy organization providing leading edge technology solutions across a diverse range of residential and commercial sectors.
The role is responsible for the health, safety and environmental compliance for all UAE based solar energy projects
- Conduct tool box talks and training sessions to create a culture of safety awareness and accountability across all project sites.
- Oversee the proper use of PPE by all employees and contractors.
- Conduct risk assessments and audits - implement corrective measures to ensure compliance and eliminate / mitigate risks and hazards.
- Identify high risk and non-compliance issues and implement corrective actions promptly.
- Investigate incidents, accidents and near misses; identify root causes, prepare reports and recommend and implement corrective and preventative measures.
- Deliver health, safety, quality and emergency response training programs to ensure all colleagues are trained on mandatory requirements and international and industry good practices.
- Maintain accurate safety and training records and incident reports.
Promote a safety culture of zero incidents through safety campaigns and regular drills.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as an EHS specialist with safety expertise in the UAE construction or renewable / solar / sustainability sectors.
- Experience of implementing HSE procedures and preparing and delivering HSE training programs to employees and contractors.
- Hands on experience in HSE inspections and audits, risk assessments, incident investigations, root cause analysis, enforcing corrective measures and reporting.
- Deep knowledge of safety regulations, standards and codes applicable to solar energy projects.
- Expertise in safety audits, risk assessments and mitigation.
- Proactive approach to stay updated with industry standards and mandatory requirements.
UAE driving license is a strong advantage.
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environment Science or related field
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certification - (NEBOSH Diploma or International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety)
- Auditor with working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 50001:2011 and OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO45001:2018 standards
Certifications as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) are a strong advantage.
- Currently living in the United Arab Emirates – must be able live and work in Dubai.
- Fluent in English – excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to effectively train colleagues and contractors.