Secondary School Vice Principal (American Curriculum) - Aldar Education - #33745
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 6 years of teaching experience
- Major: Education
- Required Certificates: Teaching Credential/License
Bachelor's Degree in Education or B. A science degree with a PGCE is essential. Desirable Master’s degree.
- At least 6 years experience, including 4 consecutive years of teaching performance that exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal
- At least 2 years experience in a middle leadership role
- Experience in leading school initiatives that have led to improvement in standards and achievement.
- Experience working with parents and external agencies.
What We Offer:
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 33,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others and developing themselves.Job Description:
Aldar Education is currently seeking an inspirational school leader for the position of Vice Principal - Secondary within the UAE, commencing immediately.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, We provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 33,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Northern Emirates. As we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- To lead on behavior, attendance, and punctuality and ensure appropriate, updated, policies are in place
- To lead on key stage transitions and the development of student leadership and student voice
- To lead safeguarding and fulfill the role of Child Protection Officer.
- To have a strong knowledge of child protection procedures and an understanding of the need for compliance with these procedures.
- To work alongside the school Head of Inclusion and Inclusion team and the School Counsellor.
- To work alongside the Aldar Education Inclusion team and actively participate in relevant Aldar Education network groups.
- To oversee CA provision within the school and to facilitate a relevant program of CA training
- To develop and embed the implementation of the Behaviour policy across the school
- To liaise with all stakeholders and relevant external bodies to ensure the welfare of students is maintained to the highest standard.
Support for Learning:
- To model outstanding teaching and learning.
- To continue to develop the school's approach to personalized learning.
- To unlock the talent and energy of all teaching staff.
- To organize staff meetings in conjunction with the leadership team.
- To lead professional development sessions based on the policies relating to the quality of teaching and learning.
- To secure pupil engagement strategies are consistently applied across the school.
- To support Heads of Department in monitoring the quality of Teaching and Learning.
- To initiate support plans for staff who have been identified as requiring rapid improvement.
- To support the creation of an attractive environment that stimulates learning.
Leadership and Management:
- To be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and other staff teams as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of policy and planning for the school and to monitor the implementation of relevant policies.
- To develop and present an accurate and coherent account of the school's teaching and learning performance to a range of audiences including governors and parents.
- To appropriately manage any relevant budgets allocated to the Vice Principal.
- To assist the Principal in shaping the direction of the school and setting high expectations at all times.
- To be included in duty rotas.
- To promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations.
- To liaise with senior colleagues at Aldar Education to support the school's strategic development.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill:
- Ability to work with data and be effective in using data to diagnose, intervene, and evaluate impact upon learning.
- Ability to organize tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Must possess leadership skills
- Must appropriately handle confidential information
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.