Secondary teacher of Mathematics (April 2024 start) - #43501
The Aquila School
We are looking for an amazing secondary mathematics teacher to join our team in April 2024.
We are looking for someone who:
- Believes in our school vision, which is to be - a happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress.
- Is suitably qualified and experienced for this role
- (Holds, or is prepared to work towards, UK Qualified Teacher Status)
- Has at least three years experience from teaching the Diploma Programme in an International Baccalaureate World School
- Has a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes for their pupils
Key qualities and skills:
- To have the passion and skill to be able to lead learning so that lessons are engaging and relevant, enabling every child to make as much progress as possible
- To be able to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school community
- To be able to use initiative, be flexible, fun, proactive and positive
- To have a sound understanding of the International Baccalaureate philosophy
Key duties include:
- Ensure teaching and learning are of the highest standard and personalised to specifically meet individual needs
Hours of work
- Monday to Thursday: 7.20 am - 4.15 pm, Friday: 7.20 am - 12:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required to support the academic and business needs of the school.
- Holidays are as per the school’s KHDA approved calendar, plus induction weeks/external examination results days as directed by the school’s calendar.
The Aquila School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory criminal background checks covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
How to apply: Interested applicants can apply via Jobvite and include an updated CV which includes a paragraph titled ‘Why I am the right person for this post.’ Please note - we reserve the right to appoint a candidate earlier than the timeline given above.
About the International Schools Partnership
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
We are here to help our schools. We want them to get better. The best people to run our schools are the people in our schools. We call our way of working the ISP Framework. Our main role is as a critical friend and advisor to our schools.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the USA, Canada, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 50 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 students and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities.
At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staff to the group.