SERVICE CENTER MANAGER ABU DHABI AND IVORY COAST - #43298
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Service Operations Manager to oversee our production operations in Abu Dhabi and Ivory Coast. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day service operations activities, optimizing processes, ensuring quality standards, and driving continuous improvement initiatives. The Service Ops Manager will play a pivotal role in achieving production targets, maintaining a safe work environment, and fostering a culture of efficiency and collaboration within the service team
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and coordinate manufacturing activities to meet production targets and deadlines.
- Implement and monitor production schedules, ensuring optimal resource utilization.
- Drive efficiency improvements and cost reduction initiatives in the service center.
- Establish and maintain quality standards for products, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company policies.
- Implement quality control measures to identify and rectify defects, minimizing production errors.
- Lead and motivate the service team, fostering a culture of accountability, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide coaching and training as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement lean and six sigma principles to enhance efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices and drive operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and promote a safe working environment.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols and procedures to minimize workplace accidents.
- Oversee inventory levels, monitor stock accuracy, and implement inventory control measures.
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to optimize materials and ensure timely availability.
- Assist in the development of Operations budgets, ensuring cost-effectiveness and resource optimization.
- Liaise with other departments, providing regular updates on production status, challenges, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with peers in other regions to work in common goals.
- Collaborate with senior management to align with service strategies with overall business goals.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Any engineering degree in the relevant field of education- Mechanical engineers preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in rotating equipment and ability to carry out Failure and Root Cause analyses.
- Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment in a managerial position.
- Experience in service industry preferred.
- Proven track record in project execution and people management
- Sound knowledge on all John Crane products
- Strong Commercial and Technical Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Service activities in the assigned region
- Assigned KPI’s
- Team Leadership
- Process Optimization
- Safety and Compliance
- Inventory Management
- Budget Management
- Customer satisfaction
- Quality Assurance
About SmithsAt Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field
About John CraneJohn Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components