Store Manager - #43997
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
To drive sales by managing the smooth functioning of the store and control the store team to ensure all work / policies & procedures are carried out within the remit of ‘Store daily operations’ (sales; merchandising standards, customer service; store finance; store hr; store logistics; health & safety and security).
Achieve the most profitable operation; establish a high level of customer service, effective management of budgeted resources so as to achieve the agreed commercial and financial store objectives.
Key Role Accoutabilities:
- Has a REAL customer focus: establishes & communicates customer goals and targets while ensuring the highest quality service and results for customers, articulates a strong understanding of customers’ needs and does significantly more than required.
- Acts as a role model for all employees by focusing business strategy on providing exceptional service and improving customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that all elements of ‘Customer Service’ are at the forefront of store team and constantly strives to improve.
Store standards & Displays
- Ensure that all implementation at store level is completed to agreed high standards, whatever the subject matter and that escalation channels are in place and are understood by all store teams. Develops and executes all aspects of ‘retail basics’, including: on-shelf availability; clear shelf edge pricing; overall store standards; exceptional customer service together with outstanding “queue management”.
- Along with the Regional Visual Manager will be responsible for ensuring eye catching; effective displays are maintained within the Store. All new promotional activity requiring changes to display should be carefully planned and coordinated to ensure minimum amount of disruption. The JH must always maintain the brand integrity through corporate display standards and is responsible for ensuring the display reflects and supports the product suitability for the promotional calendar
- To ensure the availability and security of stock in the store through the implementation of agreed delivery plans and by following company procedures relating to stock movement.
- To liaise with the buyers / Operations Manager regarding product variety / quality and ordering levels providing feedback where necessary. Ensures the proper in-store control of stocks through liaising with the help desk and Inventory team in order to meet the demands and requirements of the business and customers.
- Minimise missed opportunities. Maintaining 95% in-store product availability on 2500+ ‘A’ lines (approx 65% of sales)
Deployment of Resources and Administration
- Required to oversee the deployment of resources and to constantly challenge his team to utilise all resources to the maximum effectiveness. Improve operational cost effectiveness by ensuring the best deployment of material, financial and human resources and by communicating with subordinates for clear understanding of accountabilities, objectives / targets and measures.
- Manages the annual sales, headcount and expenses to ensure the store performance is within approved budgets.
Human Resource Management
- With the assistance of the HRBP the JH will fulfil recruitment function where required, To ensure that all employees are fully trained and developed to a required standard to ensure effective staffing and levels of internal and external customer service are achieved.
- Identify candidates with career growth potential and will initiate advancement for those candidates through the correct channels.
- Is the leader in establishing an environment where effective teamwork is considered a normal part of the daily routine, where respect and co-operation are achieved. Promote effective management – by sound personal guidance and advice to subordinates.
- Motivates subordinates to the highest level of achievement by sound leadership and example.
- Uphold and improve the quality and continuity of company employees by ensuring the sound recruitment training and development of subordinates with the help of the HRBP.
- Responsible for ‘People Development’ and succession planning with a special emphasis on the development of Assistant store managers and SSA’s.
Monitoring & Control
- Through delegation and supervision the JH is ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance with the company policies and procedures. The JH will be responsible for ensuring his teams develop self-checking as a normal part of their daily routine. Fulfil the company objectives through the monthly review of performance against plan, by prompt action to resolve variances.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Group & Business Administrative policy and procedures, in collaboration with the Regional Admin & Compliance Manager and maintain high operational store standards, processes and systems in accordance with the approved Group and brand policies. Ensure that proper management of all store functions are maintained & implemented, which will contribute to the efficient and coordinated operation of the store as a whole. (Includes compliance with all SOP’s).
- Conducts the stock count as per the defined process in the store and in conjunction with Regional Admin & Compliance Manager and develop stock loss action plans
- Continuous review of costs/expenses of store consumables/stationeries etc. to ensure they are in-line with the budget parameters.
- Review and respond on internal store Audit reports and implement necessary corrective action required
- To ensure all safety and security standards are met so as to minimize accidents and loss for the company.
Cooperation and Teamwork
- Works closely with the Regional Team to ensure the optimal range presentation is available in store.
- Plays a vital role in co-ordinating, with the Logistics Manager all activities associated with store and customer deliveries.
- Work closely with the Inventory team to make ensure the auto replenishment is working, and regularly review for any issues with stocks not getting replenished by the system in order to achieve the target availability of the A lines in stores
- Education: Diploma/ Bachelo's Degree
- Experience: Minimum 3+ years experience as Store Manager within retail business
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…