Strategic Negotiator, Global Network Acquisition - #33235
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with networking technologies across the Open Systems Interconnection model and carrier networks.
- Experience partnering with Government agencies, regulators, international organizations, mergers and acquisitions, and valuation analysis.
- Experience in performing data-driven network availability and resiliency analysis.
- Experience in network asset discussions and planning including submarine cable systems, cable landing station site selection, land acquisition, dark fiber, bandwidth services, layer 3 interconnect, and data centers.
- Ability to connect with senior level industry executives to develop strategic relationships/initiatives.
- Ability to discuss complex agreements with vendors, partners, and suppliers.
- Excellent analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills.
About the job
Google's infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Google's products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google's future - everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google's infrastructure growth. You'll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
As a Strategic Negotiator, you'll work with internal teams to oversee vendor and partner relationships. You will develop and maintain relationships with Google's business units to help minimize any gap between Google's business ambitions and infrastructure capability.In this role, you'll ensure that we execute high-quality agreements with our suppliers, work closely with our planning, tax, policy, legal and treasury teams, and identify cost-effective solutions and optimal commercial frameworks for our needs. You'll lead projects, manage vendors, and present your recommendations to Google leadership
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop long-term relationships with key commercial partners including telecommunications companies, network carriers and colocation operators for the purposes of managing our strategies of asset acquisition, deep edge-network penetration, and Cloud partnerships.
- Coordinate with the Global Submarine team to develop strategic partnerships with infrastructure providers to support the deployment plans for cable systems in the Middle East. Work directly with government agencies and regulatory bodies to advance the objectives of Google's submarine program, and discuss agreements for right-of-way, real estate, collocation, and fiber to support project requirements.
- Perform business case development and site selection for cable landing stations. Develop and grow relationships with vendors and partners to facilitate executing agreements and orders. Discuss and implement commercial frameworks that allow for predictable, efficient delivery of assets to meet Google's portfolio of products and services.