Structural Lead - #33595
Work Location: Dubai
Oprion period: 2 x 6 months
- Role and responsibilities Lead the structural discipline in engineering and execution phase.
- Responsible for following up analysis and design of the hull structure.
- Secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution within structural discipline, and ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations and technical requirements.
- Responsible for following-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
- Perform risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
- Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation.
- Provide input to procurement activities within own discipline e.g. ITT documentation and process, equipment packages, long lead items, company provided items (CPI) as applicable.
- Contribute to planning and executing assurance activities. In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contract for 3rd party verification of load-bearing structures. Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues in a timely manner.
- Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
- During execution, support construction field engineers and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline within set timeframes, e.g. interdisciplinary input, handling of queries (TW/SQ/CQ).
- Handle relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG and contract (non-conformance requests (NCRs)/DISP) within set timeframes.
- Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
- Ensure experience transfer between projects, operations and discipline network.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Key Account Manager