Sustainability Program Delivery Manager - #25405
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa Markets EMEA has one of the most advanced sustainability programmes in Informa, globally. We have huge ambitions to further accelerate our programme to achieve Informa’s Faster Forward agenda ahead of schedule, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Program Delivery Manager to coordinate this programme and help us to transform our business for a more sustainable future.
The Sustainability Program Delivery Manager will work with the Executive Vice President and engage with all stakeholders and teams within the EMEA HEEC Portfolio of events in order to manage and deliver Informa’s sustainability programme across 4 event families; Healthcare, Energy, Egypt & Cityscape. You will coordinate associated plans and guide teams to progress lowering environmental impact, achieving sustainability goals and influencing change.
- Manage and support day-to-day delivery of sustainability projects, ensuring alignment with internal stakeholders to meet targets and exceed expectations
- Develop close relationships with event delivery teams, working with them to guide and accelerate their event sustainability, in line with annual business targets. This can include but is not limited to: waste reduction, procurement, improving energy efficiency, inclusion of relevant sustainability content, sustainable communications, charity partnerships and community programmes
- Continuous delivery of sustainability training sessions and upskilling cross-functional teams across operations, marketing, content and sales, to allow them to manage sustainability on an ongoing basis
- Support the creation of promotional and educational materials for internal teams, as well as updating communication plans to target audience needs. This could include preparing content for internal and external communications, corporate sites, and strategy presentations
- Develop and maintain standardized sustainability reporting for events and sustainability programs, to track implementation and monitor progress toward targets. Report such insights to Senior management team on a regular basis
- Collaborate with senior leadership to identify new commercial sustainability opportunities and strategic partnerships across HEEC to drive revenue growth
- Influencing and supporting senior leadership to adhere to sustainability objectives and guide their implementation
- Close collaboration with the Informa Group Sustainability Team to define overarching goals and targets, as well as learning and sharing of best practices. Communicating Group led updates and initiatives with the wider business to raise awareness for sustainability and ensure consistency in delivering against Faster Forward targets
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated interest in all aspects of sustainability including environmental, social and economic
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet targets, stay organised, and exceed expectations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively across teams and build strong relationships in a cross-functional matrix framework
- Resilience in engaging and persuading stakeholders to engage with sustainability and integrate it into their day-to-day operations
- Proficiency in data analysis with skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of sustainability principles such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and their application in events or related industries.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and able to execute demanding, simultaneous deliverables in a fast past environment
- Experience in working with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Additional languages such as Arabic
- Experience and/or understanding of the events industry
- Experience in delivering sustainability initiatives and projects
- Existing network of suppliers, organisers, associations within the industry