Technology Territory Leader - #24857
A Technology Territory Leader within IBM means providing a clear, single point of ownership structure, and leading Senior Sales Managers to drive integrated solutions that deliver extraordinary value and accelerated successes. Both for clients and IBM's business results
It means being a technical visionary. Someone able to paint convincing pictures of the future that apply IBM technologies, infused with modern IT architectures, which are integrated with offerings that clearly show clients how their most complex problems will be solved
With an executive presence, technology expertise and deep market knowledge, you'll be a strategic technical advisor, educator, and influencer to the c-suite. Orchestrating multiple technical sales teams and leaders across IBM and 3rd party seller Partners, you'll develop and execute strategies that consistently deliver success
Excellent onboarding will set you up for positive impact, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always connected to a wider team, you'll be surrounded by other leaders and colleagues. People who are always willing to help and be helped as you scale your business, with and through your team, as they compel clients to continually invest in IBM
Your Role and Responsibilities
A natural at inspiring and motivating others, you'll lead the positioning of IBM's people, products, and services as core to your clients' technical architecture, today and in the future, as you continually achieve growth in your team's revenue
Advocating for leading-edge technologies and digital transformation, with an emphasis on Cloud and AI, you'll pave the way for your teams' continued successes and development by bringing the full technology power of IBM to your clients. People who will be receptive because of your natural ability to create trusted and enduring relationships that establish IBM as an essential partner in solving their hardest technology problems
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, your team is excelling, and your clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Align brand-driven growth initiatives in their territories to target white space, and facilitate Business Partner growth strategy in their territories to scale.
- Drive the deepening of the relationship and revenue share from the focus accounts
- Collaborate with the Country Transformation Leader on engaging stakeholders, and executing on strategic initiatives in their territories.
- Monitor growth in their territories, report progress and sales results, and continuously identify business opportunities and risks.
- Leveraging broad and deep technology expertise to provide highly contextual insights into the benefits of emerging technology adoption.
- Connecting a broad network of technical experts, serving as the single point of accountability for IBM product and service quality, and playing a central role in resolving client-critical situations.
- Providing thought-leadership direction to teams for the client's innovation agenda. Bringing an outside-in perspective whilst recommending disruptive technologies and approaches to scale new value capture.
- Using appropriate architectural methods, thinking, processes, models, and assets to guide all solution design decisions.
- Driving the end-to-end sale of products and services – engaging support, specialty, and technical colleagues /contacts whenever necessary whilst promoting cross-brand solutions and leading negotiations to secure wins.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Veteran-level technical sales leadership experience with a track-record of winning through collaboration, resilience, empathy, and innovation. A natural at inspiring and motivating others to succeed in highly complex, enterprise-scale technology sales environments.
- Expert, technical knowledge around cloud, data & AI, automation, security, and storage technologies, in addition to deep industry knowledge and contemporary methods for co-creating client solutions, with and through others.
- Palpable people, communication, and collaboration skills, with a proven record of c-suite networking and influencing throughout the successful closure, and post-closure expansion of complex technology sales cycles. (c. $multi-million deals).
- Experience of using agile techniques in addition to contemporary technology sales methodologies (e.g., consultative /Challenger selling) to successfully deliver in a way that's both nimble and fast and leads customers to our products vs. leading with them.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of working with any of IBM's products and services (Training across IBM's product suite is provided)
About Business Unit IBeing a Technology Territory Leader in IBM is about expertise applied with and through others, with proactive initiative, controlled speed, and positive impact. Moving fast, there is a bias for action, and an obsession to ensure your teams help our clients overcome their most difficult business issues
In a world where technology moves at speed, it's essential that we stay ahead of the curve to provide tailored solutions from across IBM's whole product suite, that meet our clients' needs. It's not enough for us to know that there are problems in the world – As a Technology Sales Leader you're obligated to make sure they're continually solved. It's an obsession that drives us to ensure your teams help their clients modernize and thrive. Always
Your Life @ IBM In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBM IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world
Location Statement For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application
Being You @ IBM IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.