Vehicle Chief Mechanic - #43380
Vehicle Chief Mechanic Opening with the USAF WRM Program
The Vehicle Chief Mechanic supervises the reconstitution, preservation and maintenance of all USAF vehicle assets. Carries out all duties in accordance with USAF mandatory requirements. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensures monthly reconstitution, preservation and inspection goals are attained.
- Performs receipt Limited Technical inspections (LTI) within prescribed guidelines.
- Ensures that the most economic form of repair is performed on all USAF vehicle assets.
- Prioritizes work according to goals and schedules.
- Inspects and prepares USAF vehicle assets for air/land/sea movement.
- Supervises assigned auto mechanics and electricians.
- Supervises and conducts training of all assigned maintenance technicians.
- Ensures safety practices and housekeeping is maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensures that all tools and equipment are serviceable, accounted for and secured.
- Stores and disposes of all hazardous materials in accordance with Amentum International Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conducts repair parts research to ensure only required repair parts are requested and determines the local availability of required repair parts.
- Supervises and inspects all Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) actions to ensure completion within prescribed guidelines.
- Ensures correct and expeditious completion of work orders.
- Inspects completed vehicle repairs to ensure quality assurance is maintained.
- Ensures unserviceable and unused serviceable repair parts are returned to the supply facility.
- Enters and updates data on the Quality Management System database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must be capable of operating and repairing light to heavy military and commercial type vehicles.
- Must have working knowledge of diagnostic computer programs such as Cummins INSITE, CAT, OBD scanners.
- Will have good organizational and communication skills, particularly in dealings with subordinates.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Recognized national qualification in vehicle maintenance at a higher level required.
- Four years experience in USAF or US service equivalent vehicle and equipment repair required.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Two years experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Labor Law Posters
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans