VP Head of Distribution - Islamic - #33464
Function / Group: Islamic Banking - Consumer Banking Group
Reports to: Head of Islamic Banking
Client Multinational Banking Group in the Middle East with Global Presence across the five continents
Location: GCC (100% Tax Free Income)
The overall purpose of this role is to develop and lead sales strategy for Banks Islamic Branches and Islamic Window specifically the achievement of sales and service targets.
To be the principal point of contact in establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with Consumer Banking, HNWI clients for Bank's Islamic Entity. It will also encompass being the point of contact with the other coverage units of the bank where client relationships are shared.
The Role Holder is responsible for the planning and execution of diverse strategic initiatives and projects relating to the Sales and enhancement of the client base Bank's Islamic division, both established and prospective. These will support the objectives of the company. Provide extensive customer services to customers in a professional manner and customer centric approach. Expand the business of Bank's Branches, Islamic windows.
- Strategically direct and manage the Sales team of Bank's Islamic Entity with regards to enhancing its client base.
- Cross sell initiatives between Bank's Islamic Distribution, Coverage Divisions of Bank, and Housing Loans.
- To develop effective working relationships with internal functions both for Bank's Islamic Entity and Banking Group, ensuring effective links and co-ordination of input for the purposes of cross selling initiatives.
- To provide input to Bank Islamic management for the purpose of developing the ongoing business strategy including a budget for the department.
- To provide research and analysis of competitor performance, strategy, and business development.
- To develop, train and manage a sales team which will cover the company's client base.
- To develop a customer base either individually (own contacts), customer referrals or by customer allocation from within the bank.
- Expand Islamic Window products and services through conventional branches, liaise with all stakeholders to set up the business in conventional branches such as (HR, central bank, compliance, audit, administration).
- To maintain strong focus on building new client relationships internally and externally.
- To create product awareness and enhance product knowledge and sales skills through constant training among bank RMs.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
Experience and Skills Requirements
- 15 years banking experience OR 10 years exclusive experience in Banking Distribution Roles.
- Islamic Banking Knowledge and Experience and thorough understanding of all bank products and services.
- Proven leadership and planning skills with ability to motivate and develop subordinates.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, presentation and persuasive skills at all levels.