Warehouse Planner - #24817
Danzas AEI Emirates L.L.C. is a joint venture between Al Tayer Group and DHL Global Forwarding. It’s the market leader in Freight Forwarding and Logistics in Dubai.
The brand name is taken from the original Danzas Company, now rebranded as DHL Global Forwarding, which was established in 1815 by Louis Danzas. In the UAE, Al Tayer Group started the logistics business in 1989, later rebranding as Danzas AEI Emirates. The company has grown from strength to strength to become the leading logistics provider in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
With a workforce of 1,200 DHL Certified Logistics and Freight Forwarding experts, Danzas puts its people front and center of everything, to ensure it attracts, develops and retains the best team, executes the best operations, delivers the best customer experience, and creates the best results for all its customers and partners. It offers leading transportation solutions by Air, Ocean, and Road. Danzas is the market leader in Customs Brokerage and has won awards for smart freezone and clearance services. With warehouse capacity exceeding 240,000 m2, no customer is too large or too small.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
Currently, we are looking for a passionate and energetic Warehouse Planner to be based in the Contract Logistics Team. In this role, the successful candidate will manage day to day WMS super-user functions within the Distribution Center (s). He/She will also provide assistance to the WMS users in resolving WMS problems in the day to day activities, in order to provide the customer(s) receiving, picking, packing, distributing and warehousing (storage) activities in a timely, reliable and cost effective manner.
- Understand all WMS functions and how they relate to operational procedures including receiving, order processing, picking, packing, shipping, and stock counting functions.
- To be familiar with all SOPs, working instructions, and other documents concerning Warehouse Operations.
- Configure warehouse and location setup, create and update strategies for locations and SKUs, new SKU setup, and warehouse pick-put rule management.
- Analyze turnover, size, weight, UOM, and other related factors for items stored and develop strategies and methods for efficient storage utilization.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any problems that arise within the WMS system. The warehouse planner is the first point of contact for resolving daily issues and further liaison with WMS IT support for technical problems that cannot be resolved by him/her.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding warehousing function activities and performances to be submitted to the Management.
- Identify improvement opportunities in existing processes and systems and suggest changes.
- Work with operational teams to initiate / implement continuous improvement plans.
- Initiating CPIP project resulting improving system functionality or process capabilities.
- Routinely audits the WMS users to ensure the correct use of written process and procedures. Record and report observations with the management.
- Observes and monitors employee performance to verify that procedures are followed according to company standards.
- Measure productivity of the all the processes managed in the DC and periodically report the performances to the management.
Job Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma, preferably in a business or Supply Chain related field
- Two (2) or more years' experience in Warehouse operations and Inventory management, preferably with High Jump system background
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Excellent computer skills with a background in utilizing various data file formats.
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and verbal English.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Results driven and extremely proactive and committed
- Ability to plan and organize multiple functions with competing interests
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
We aspire to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World.
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: Connecting People, improving lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
Danzas is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.