Workshop Supervisor - #25415
Workshop Supervisor - Full Time - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
SULZER is looking it's new Workshop Supervisor, in Kuwait. Join our Services_EMEA team within Services division in United Arab Emirates as Workshop Supervisor to help us take our new workshop to the next level.
Purpose of the job:
Provide supervision of workshop overhaul, repair, overhaul installation and commissioning services for pumps, compressors, steam turbines, blowers, fans and ancillary equipment.
Main tasks and responsobilities:
- Assessment of various rotating equipment types, identification, and planning of appropriate work scopes.
- Planning, organising, and supervision of manpower, resources, materials, and equipment required to execute work scopes.
- Providing technical guidance and recommendation in accordance with relevant industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Adherence to ISO9001 Quality Management System, ensuring accuracy and reliability of work carried out, records kept, and reports generated.
- Liaise with technical departments within Sulzer to develop engineering solutions and offering technical support to other SC’s as required.
- Liaise with operations manager to update job schedule’s route sheet, technical clarifications, update on job status and completion.
- Communicating job progress updates to clients effectively, including anticipation of delays and disruption to schedules.
- Develop and maintain good and effective relationships with clients to optimise further service opportunities.
- Equipment strip down, inspection, fault finding and RCFA.
- Develop detailed repair plans.
- Equipment rebuilds, final inspections, and completion sign off.
- Onsite service / repair work and commissioning.
- Familiar with the risks and hazards within the activities and processes of the role and procedures, practices and measures in place to mitigate the risks.
- Strong understanding of Quality control, EHS / Risk assessments and method statements, COSHH control.
- Responsible for creating, planning and pre-authorisation of lift plans and safe execution of all lifting operations (subject to LEEA certification).
- Participate and actively support company initiatives.
Qualifications/Experience and Knowledge Required :
- ITI, SVQ Graduate (or equivalent).
- At least 10 years’ experience of overhauling and repairing mechanical rotating equipment.
- Workshop supervisor's experience.
- Considerable level of experience in the relevant discipline (e.g. machining, repair and maintenance of pump equipment).
- Middle East experience.
- Awareness of general engineering products.
- Sound understanding of the engineering workflow for a project, and manage priorities.
- Hands on experience in machines and equipment.
Competencies and behavior required:
- QC requirements for workshop performance.
- OEM trained in pumps/ compressors.
- Good communication skills in English language, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate technical capability to supervise in a machining and repair environment.
- Able to train workshop personnel.
- Supervisory experience.
- Lifting supervisor.
Location: The position is based in Kuwait.
Apply via our SULZER job portal. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!